Monday, January 5, 2009

for Isaiah Heinz

Made in 2006



Rebecca made this quilt to celebrate the birth of our second child, Isaiah. The front is a series of 16 very colorful blocks, all very different from each other, but each with Rebecca’s unique touch. This is a great learning quilt, with all sorts of fun objects to discover. Another fun thing to do with this quilt: try to figure out which square is your favorite. Cherries? Fish? Dragonfly? Frogs? Flowers? Gecko? It’s impossible to pick just one.


The front is certainly Isaiah’s, but I’m pretty sure Rebecca made the back for me. Rebecca taught me how to quilt and we have done a lot (but still not nearly enough) of fabric shopping together. The back is a whole uninterrupted block of my very favorite fabric, and I just love looking at it.

Written by Jennifer Heinz (mom of Isaiah)

No comments:

Post a Comment